Latest update August 19th, 2026 10:39 AM
Mar 21, 2026 News
(AL-JAZEERA) President Donald Trump slammed NATO allies over their lack of support for the US-Israel war on Iran as the Strait of Hormuz remains effectively closed, with no end to the conflict in sight.
NATO countries are “COWARDS, and we will REMEMBER!” he posted on his Truth Social platform on Friday.
The US president complained NATO countries did not want to join the fight against Iran, yet still complain about high oil prices.
“Now that fight is militarily WON, with very little danger for them, they complain about the high oil prices they are forced to pay, but don’t want to help open the Strait of Hormuz, a simple military maneuver that is the single reason for the high oil prices. So easy for them to do, with so little risk,” he wrote.

A navy vessel is seen sailing in the Strait of Hormuz, a vital waterway through which much of the world’s oil and gas passes on March 1, 2026 [File: Sahar al-Attar/AFP]
In a change of tone, the United Kingdom announced on Friday that it was now allowing the US to use its bases to target Iran for the “collective self-defence of the region”.
According to a statement from Prime Minister Keir Starmer’s office, ministers met and “condemned Iran’s expansion of its targets to include international shipping.”
“They confirmed that the agreement for the US to use UK bases in the collective self-defence of the region includes US defensive operations to degrade the missile sites and capabilities being used to attack ships in the Strait of Hormuz,” the statement added.
Trump’s assailing of Europe comes as NATO announced on Friday it was “adjusting” its mission in Iraq, after officials in the country said the non-combat force had been temporarily withdrawn due to the Iran war.
“We can confirm that we are adjusting our posture in the context of NATO Mission Iraq,” alliance spokesperson Allison Hart told the AFP news agency in a statement.
Meanwhile, US Air Force General Alexus Grynkewich, NATO’s supreme allied commander Europe, confirmed the relocation of all NATO Iraq mission personnel to Europe in a statement.
“I would like to thank the Republic of Iraq and all the Allies who assisted in the safe relocation of NATO personnel from Iraq,” the statement reads.
French President Emmanuel Macron said after a two-day European Union summit in Brussels that defending international law and promoting de-escalation was “the best we can do”.
“I have not heard anyone here express a willingness to enter this conflict – quite the opposite.”
‘No consensus’ on oil prices
The European government’s meeting in Brussels was dominated by the fallout from the war on Iran, particularly in the energy market.
Al Jazeera’s Step Vaessen, reporting from Brussels, said the EU has not really “reached any consensus on measures that are going to be taken by the body as a whole”.
“This comes amid the announcement by the European Central Bank that it will cut growth forecasts and has raised inflation predictions in the coming months. So, what we can expect, especially here in the European Union, is very high energy costs,” she said.
“Leaders discussed at length reforming a so-called energy trading system … but the general consensus was that there is no consensus.”
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Rising Debt, Rising US Dollar Rate in Oil-rich Guyana!

Aug 19, 2026
…Annandale Secondary and Abram Zuil in huge clash at the Enterprise Ground today Kaieteur News – The nationwide Ministry of Education/Beharry Holdings U-19 Secondary School’s T20...Aug 19, 2026
Kaieteur News – Some persons have pounced upon an internal controversy within the Caribbean Court of Justice and the subsequent disclosure that the President of the Court, Justice Winston Anderson had become involved in trying to resolve Guyana’s long-running judicial impasse over the...Aug 16, 2026
By Sir Ronald Sanders (Kaieteur News) – Haiti’s plight must not be forgotten because it is no longer a regular feature of international headlines. The suffering has not diminished. Between January and early June 2026, at least 2,310 people were killed, 1,106 were injured and 99 were kidnapped,...Aug 19, 2026
(Kaieteur News) In over six years, 10 percent of Guyana’s stated oil reserves is gone. There’s confidence that Exxon will find more replacement oil. The company may have come across more proven reserves than it has been saying. But that’s for another day. It is a rather lonely figure that...Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: glennlall2000@gmail.com / kaieteurnews@yahoo.com