Latest update August 17th, 2026 10:20 AM
Sep 27, 2025 News
(AL-JAZEERA) Israel’s bloody onslaught on the Gaza Strip continues with more than 60 Palestinians killed and dozens injured on Friday as rescue teams comb through the debris attempting to save those buried.
US President Donald Trump said a deal to end the war in Gaza and secure the release of captives is close.
Heavy Israeli air strikes have been conducted across the Strip. In recent hours, they have hit locations such as al-Wehda Street, Shati Camp, and the Nassr neighbourhood, all in Gaza City. Medical sources added that 13 of those killed on Friday had been attempting to get aid from GHF distribution sites.
Locations including al-Wehda Street, the Shati camp and the Nassr neighbourhood were struck on Friday. One attack also hit the residential Remal neighbourhood in the west of the city.

Smoke rises following an Israeli military strike in Gaza City, as seen from the central Gaza Strip on September 26, 2025 [Abdel Kareem Hana/AP Photo]
“This residential neighbourhood is still packed with many people who have chosen to stay,” al-Khalili said.
“The situation has gone from bad to worse in light of the escalation of Israeli attacks targeting different sites and locations,” he added.
Amid the increased bombardment, Israel carried out “an air strike every eight or nine minutes” over the past 24 hours, with “devastating consequences for civilians”, UN spokesperson Stephane Dujarric said at a news conference on Friday, citing the Office of the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).
Added to the deaths from Israeli strikes, Palestinian medical sources confirmed that 13 people were killed on Friday as they attempted to get aid from sites run by the controversial Israel- and United States-backed GHF.
The deaths came as Netanyahu delivered a defiant speech at the UN headquarters, hitting out at the countries that have recognised Palestinian statehood this week.
Even before he began speaking, groups of delegates left the room in protest at the atrocities being committed by Israel in Gaza.
During his speech, he said his words were being broadcast by loudspeakers across parts of Gaza.
The Israeli prime minister even claimed his speech was being transmitted to the phones of Gaza residents, before he issued a warning to Hamas members to lay down their weapons and release the remaining captives.
However, Randa Hanoun, 30, a displaced Palestinian living in Deir el-Balah in the central Gaza Strip, told the AFP news agency that this was not true.
“It’s a lie – we haven’t received any messages or anything on the phone, and we didn’t hear any loudspeakers,” Hanoun said.
As fighting on the ground continues, and despite Netanyahu showing no signs of stopping the offensive, US President Donald Trump claimed on Friday that he was close to forging a deal to end the war and bring the captives home.
“It’s looking like we have a deal on Gaza. I think it’s a deal that gets the hostages back. It’s going to be a deal that ends the war,” Trump told reporters at the White House. He offered no details and gave no timetable. Trump is expected to meet Netanyahu on Monday.
Elsewhere in the Strip, a medical source told Al Jazeera that a 17-year-old boy had died from Israeli-induced starvation and lack of treatment at Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital in central Gaza.
Doctors say the boy’s death underscores the worsening humanitarian and health crisis in Gaza, where at least 440 malnutrition-related deaths have been recorded, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health, which said 147 of the victims were children.
On Friday, the charity Doctors without Borders (known by its French acronym, MSF) announced that it had been forced to suspend lifesaving medical work in Gaza City because Israeli tanks and air strikes near its clinics were causing an “unacceptable level of risk” for staff and patients.
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Comments are closed.
Rising Debt, Rising US Dollar Rate in Oil-rich Guyana!

Aug 17, 2026
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic – The Guyana Football Federation (GFF) Under-14 Boys made a commanding start to the 2026 Caribbean Football Union (CFU) U14 Challenge Series, securing a resounding 8...Aug 17, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – One of the persistent afflictions of post-colonial societies is the absence of planning commensurate with ambition. Governments announce grand projects, inaugurate grand buildings, make grand speeches and produce grand visions, but somewhere between the vision and the delivery...Aug 16, 2026
By Sir Ronald Sanders (Kaieteur News) – Haiti’s plight must not be forgotten because it is no longer a regular feature of international headlines. The suffering has not diminished. Between January and early June 2026, at least 2,310 people were killed, 1,106 were injured and 99 were kidnapped,...Aug 17, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – I have heard about a hanging judge. From readings, I know about travelling judges. There’s familiarity with governing judges better known as Administrative Law Judges. Thanks to the leader of the A Partnership for National Unity (APNU), Mr. Aubrey Norton, I now have my...Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: glennlall2000@gmail.com / kaieteurnews@yahoo.com
It’s like Trump saying he is selling the Brooklyn Bridge.
How can he say “deal” is close whilst the USA supplies those
bombs to a lunatic that daily bombs Gaza ?