Insufficient evidence has led police to release an alleged pedophile who was held in connection with the sexual molestation of a three- year-old girl last week.
The mother of the child has since sought the services of the Childcare and Protection Agency which has launched an investigation.
An official at the agency disclosed that based on a medical report; the three-year-old was sexually molested, and that the perpetrator is supposed to be in police custody since the new Sexual Offences Act 2010 states that a sexual offence is any sexual violation of an individual, including rape, and touching or causing the complainant to touch a third party in a sexual way.
According to the mother of the child, her brother-in-law sexually molested her three- year-old daughter and she fears that he has fled to the interior since being released from police custody last Wednesday.
The child related what occurred and the man was later arrested. However, police are claiming that they do not have enough evidence to charge the alleged perpetrator, even though a medical examination proved that the child was indeed sexually molested.
“When I was bathing her I ask her what happened, because I see a greenish colour liquid in her underwear. She (the three-year-old) told me that her uncle Dexter put she on the bed naked, and he kneel down and pull down he ‘buckta’ and he put he twilly in she,” the mother related.
The peeved mother further said that she then carried her daughter to the Grove Police Station where she was given a medical form to visit a doctor.
She then disclosed that after visiting a Dr Persaud in Grove, it was confirmed that her daughter was sexually abused.
She said that she then carried her daughter to the Georgetown Public Hospital where various other tests were done, and a letter was given to her by a doctor to carry the three-year-old to the Child Protection Agency.
It was revealed that the perpetrator was released from prison in 2009 after being incarcerated for seven years for raping a seven-year-old.