Latest update April 22nd, 2026 12:49 AM
Apr 17, 2018 Court Stories, News
One month after popular make-up artist and social media personality, Lolita Callendar, also known as “Lola” was charged for assaulting a woman, she was back before a City Magistrate to answer to another assault charge.
Callendar, 27, of Lot 231 East Ruimveldt Housing Scheme, appeared before Principal Magistrate Judy Latchman in the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts and denied the charge which alleged that on April 6, last, at Leopold Street, she caused grievous bodily harm to Onika Pompey.
Pompey, 28, make-up artist, of Lot 61 Barima Avenue, Bel-Air-Park, also denied the charge which alleged that on the same day in question she unlawfully wounded Callendar.
Police Prosecutor Arvin Moore told the court that the defendants are known to each other but are not on speaking terms.
He added that on the day in question, the defendants had a misunderstanding, which resulted in a scuffle.
The prosecutor when asked by the Magistrate what injuries Pompey received, told the court she received lacerations about her body including several bites.
Meanwhile Callendar told the court that on the day in question, she lost five fingernails after Pompey
pulled her from her vehicle.
Moore had no objection to bail being granted to the defendants and they were both released on $80,000 bail each.
Magistrate Latchman instructed both defendants to make their next court appearance today before Senior Magistrate Faith McGusty in the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.
Last month, Callendar was charged for assaulting a woman and was granted $30,000 bail. It is alleged Callendar assaulted Malika Holder. The trial is currently being conducted before Senior Magistrate Fabayo Azore.
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Your children are starving, and you giving away their food to an already fat pussycat.
Apr 22, 2026
2026/27 West Indies Regional 4-Day Championships Round 2… GHE vs WWIV Day 3 By Clifton Ross Kaieteur Sports – Left-arm spin twins Gudakesh Motie, who followed up his 10-wicket haul in the...Apr 22, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – To live to a hundred: that is the wish. But beyond that, the body gives way—the joints harden into little more than stone, the eyes dim past the help of any knife, and the memory, that fragile vessel, empties itself without ceremony. That would be the proper time to go, to...Apr 19, 2026
By Sir Ronald Sanders (Kaieteur News) –As with all my commentaries, this one is strictly in my personal capacity, drawing on more than fifty years of engagement with Caribbean affairs and a lifelong commitment to the cause of regional integration. I do not speak on behalf of any government or...Apr 22, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – During her Guyana tour, US Ambassador Sarah Ann Lynch pronounced on the Exxon-Guyana oil contract. Current US Ambassador to Guyana, Excellency Nicole D. Theriot recently relayed Washington’s position on that same Exxon contract. The learned US diplomats are a study in...Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: glennlall2000@gmail.com / kaieteurnews@yahoo.com