Latest update August 22nd, 2026 10:20 AM
Sep 01, 2025 News
Kaieteur News – As Guyanese head to the polls today, the United Government has reaffirmed its respect for this country’s sovereignty even as it anticipates a peaceful election.
“The United States welcomes Guyana’s national and regional elections on September 1. Ambassador Theriot and a team from the U.S. Embassy have been accredited by GECOM to observe elections across Guyana. We expect election day to be calm and peaceful, with registered voters casting their votes freely,” the US Embassy here said in a statement on Facebook. “The United States reaffirms our respect for Guyana’s sovereignty and values Guyana as a strong, stable democratic partner,” the statement concluded.
Meanwhile, the Delegation of the European Union in Guyana said it is an exciting day for Guyana, “as the people of this beautiful country exercise their right to vote.” According to the EU it is looking forward to this celebration of democracy – a day when Guyanese freely and peacefully cast their vote. Jane Miller, British High Commissioner to Guyana said she will be observing the election with her British High Commission team. “September 1st is an exciting day for Guyana, as the people of this beautiful country have the opportunity to vote. We are looking forward to a peaceful day – one where people freely cast their vote,” her brief statement read.
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Aug 22, 2026
Kaieteur Sports – History was made at the Cliff Anderson Sports Hall on Thursday evening when Orina Silas and Shania Benjamin became the first female inmates from Guyana, and believed to be the...Aug 22, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – The words of South African Anglican priest and anti-apartheid activist Michael Lapsley today rings with the moral clarity that the world desperately needs to hear. After returning from Havana, he did not mince words. He accused the United States of inflicting “a genocide...Aug 16, 2026
By Sir Ronald Sanders (Kaieteur News) – Haiti’s plight must not be forgotten because it is no longer a regular feature of international headlines. The suffering has not diminished. Between January and early June 2026, at least 2,310 people were killed, 1,106 were injured and 99 were kidnapped,...Aug 22, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – The PPP Gov’t will give an arm and a leg to get the MV Barima off the front-pages. I go so far as to assert that some would part with their left nut to hustle the tragedy of the MV Barima out of the media altogether. C’mon folks, it is only 100 dead, […]Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: glennlall2000@gmail.com / kaieteurnews@yahoo.com