Latest update August 22nd, 2026 10:20 AM
Oct 16, 2018 News
A vendor who allegedly threatened a fireman with a cutlass, in front of the fire station on Water Street, was yesterday before a court in relation to the matter.
It is alleged that on October 10, last, 52-year-old Mark Donet, who operates a general stand in the Stabroek Market, made used of threatening behaviour towards Marlon Philadelphia, at Water Street. Georgetown.
Principal Magistrate Judy Latchman read the charge to the Third Street, Alberttown resident who pleaded not guilty.
The Police Prosecutor told the court that the defendant picked up a cutlass and told the alleged victim “this is what I’ll use to chop you up with”.
The virtual complainant (VC), Philadelphia, said they were doing some cleaning up in front of the fire station, and he noticed a drop cord “running along the line” and he told Donet to remove the drop cord, which he refused to do so.
Philadelphia then went on to say, “y’all don’t like when people talk nice to y’all… it is illegal for you to have the drop cord running here.
That’s when the defendant allegedly started with the threatening behaviour towards the fireman.
The defendant was granted bail to the tune of $50,000. He will make his next appearance on November 8.
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Aug 22, 2026
Kaieteur Sports – History was made at the Cliff Anderson Sports Hall on Thursday evening when Orina Silas and Shania Benjamin became the first female inmates from Guyana, and believed to be the...Aug 22, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – The words of South African Anglican priest and anti-apartheid activist Michael Lapsley today rings with the moral clarity that the world desperately needs to hear. After returning from Havana, he did not mince words. He accused the United States of inflicting “a genocide...Aug 16, 2026
By Sir Ronald Sanders (Kaieteur News) – Haiti’s plight must not be forgotten because it is no longer a regular feature of international headlines. The suffering has not diminished. Between January and early June 2026, at least 2,310 people were killed, 1,106 were injured and 99 were kidnapped,...Aug 22, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – The PPP Gov’t will give an arm and a leg to get the MV Barima off the front-pages. I go so far as to assert that some would part with their left nut to hustle the tragedy of the MV Barima out of the media altogether. C’mon folks, it is only 100 dead, […]Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: glennlall2000@gmail.com / kaieteurnews@yahoo.com