Latest update August 22nd, 2026 10:20 AM
Dec 21, 2016 Court Stories, Features / Columnists, News
Samantha Samuels, 37, yesterday appeared before Magistrate Madan Kissoon in the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts to answer to the charge of abusive language.
The charge read that on December 8, last, at Nutmeg Street, North Ruimveldt, Georgetown, she abused Joylyn Clarke.
The mother of two pleaded not guilty at a sitting of the Night Court in the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.
Attorney Clyde Forde told the court that his client is a caterer attached to the Guyana Defence Force (GDF). He said that his client should be granted bail because she is not a flight risk and will return to Court for the trial.
Police Prosecutor Kerry Bostwick asked that both the defendant and the Virtual Complainant be placed on a bond to keep the peace until the completion of the trial.
Bostwick stated that the defendant and the Virtual Complainant live in close proximately to each other and it’s likely that they will have run-ins with each others.
Magistrate Madan Kissoon placed both parties on a bond to keep the peace for six months or in default seven days’ imprisonment.
Samuel was placed on $7,000 bail and they both will make their next court appearance on December 28.
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Aug 22, 2026
Kaieteur Sports – History was made at the Cliff Anderson Sports Hall on Thursday evening when Orina Silas and Shania Benjamin became the first female inmates from Guyana, and believed to be the...Aug 22, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – The words of South African Anglican priest and anti-apartheid activist Michael Lapsley today rings with the moral clarity that the world desperately needs to hear. After returning from Havana, he did not mince words. He accused the United States of inflicting “a genocide...Aug 16, 2026
By Sir Ronald Sanders (Kaieteur News) – Haiti’s plight must not be forgotten because it is no longer a regular feature of international headlines. The suffering has not diminished. Between January and early June 2026, at least 2,310 people were killed, 1,106 were injured and 99 were kidnapped,...Aug 22, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – The PPP Gov’t will give an arm and a leg to get the MV Barima off the front-pages. I go so far as to assert that some would part with their left nut to hustle the tragedy of the MV Barima out of the media altogether. C’mon folks, it is only 100 dead, […]Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: glennlall2000@gmail.com / kaieteurnews@yahoo.com