Latest update August 22nd, 2026 10:20 AM
Sep 15, 2016 News
Seven-month-old Corlene Williams was electrocuted yesterday morning at her home, 334 Second Field, Kaneville. Mother of the dead child, Olando Cambridge, told Kaieteur News that she had put her child down and went over to her sister’s house to fill drinking water to take home.
“Whilst I fulling de water I hear she grandmother holler out, and by time I reach back I see she running out and when I run in I see me daughter. And all I could do is pick she up and run out fuh meet de Hospital.”
According to Cambridge, she doesn’t have a clear idea of how her daughter was electrocuted. She said that her mother was the only person left in the house with the child. The grandmother was inconsolable and unable to relay exactly what transpired.
According to police information, the incident happened around 10:20Hrs. The child was reportedly left unattended in the living room on a chair next to a fan. At that time, the child’s father had left to take another child to school.
The seven-month-old was found wrapped up with electrical wire attached to the fan. It is unclear whether the electrical wire on the fan was exposed or whether the child was playing with the switch.
It was reported that the grandmother found the child holding on to the power cord with her eyes turning up. The police have since taken the fan to have it examined.
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Aug 22, 2026
Kaieteur Sports – History was made at the Cliff Anderson Sports Hall on Thursday evening when Orina Silas and Shania Benjamin became the first female inmates from Guyana, and believed to be the...Aug 22, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – The words of South African Anglican priest and anti-apartheid activist Michael Lapsley today rings with the moral clarity that the world desperately needs to hear. After returning from Havana, he did not mince words. He accused the United States of inflicting “a genocide...Aug 16, 2026
By Sir Ronald Sanders (Kaieteur News) – Haiti’s plight must not be forgotten because it is no longer a regular feature of international headlines. The suffering has not diminished. Between January and early June 2026, at least 2,310 people were killed, 1,106 were injured and 99 were kidnapped,...Aug 22, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – The PPP Gov’t will give an arm and a leg to get the MV Barima off the front-pages. I go so far as to assert that some would part with their left nut to hustle the tragedy of the MV Barima out of the media altogether. C’mon folks, it is only 100 dead, […]Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: glennlall2000@gmail.com / kaieteurnews@yahoo.com