Latest update April 3rd, 2025 6:21 AM
Jul 08, 2015 News
Kaieteur News in its Sunday’s Edition published an article headlined “Haags Bosch access road incomplete – says Solid Waste Head” which stated that the road in question is estimated to be 75 per cent completed.
The statement was attributed to Head of the Georgetown Solid Waste Management Project, Gordon Gilkes, who has since contended that the foregoing is an inaccurate reflection of what he said at a press conference last week Friday (July 3, 2015) at the Kingston, Georgetown, Ministry of Communities.
He pointed out that the Ministry of Communities wishes to indicate that the Haags Bosch Access Road was completed in June 2010 by H. Nauth and Sons.
“The road that was reported as incomplete, as was asked by one of the reporters present at the Press Conference, is the Access Road around the location designated in the future for Hazardous Waste Materials. This roadway which is constructed by the Joint Venture is approximately 75 percent completed,” Gilkes clarified.
Kaieteur News apologises for the inaccuracy of the aforementioned report.
Apr 02, 2025
Kaieteur Sports- Golfer Joseph Szeplaki was crowned winner of the Lusignan Golf Club (LGC)/ STP Investments Inc. Tournament held on Saturday March 30, 2025 at their East Coast Demerara (ECD)-based...Peeping Tom… Kaieteur News- The APNU and the AFC deserve each other. They deserve to be shackled together in a coalition... more
By Sir Ronald Sanders Kaieteur News- Recent media stories have suggested that King Charles III could “invite” the United... more
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]