Latest update May 19th, 2026 12:35 AM
Jun 10, 2025 News
Kaieteur News – Twenty-Eight-year-old Nicholas Narine called ‘Biggs’ was on Monday shot dead days after his family received death threats from the suspect.
It was reported that the incident occurred at approximately 08:15hrs on Titus Street Agricola, East Bank Demerara (EBD).
According to the police, Narine of Agricola, EBD, was allegedly shot and killed by 27-year-old Rafael Bollers of Brutus Street, Agricola, EBD.
“Investigations so far revealed that Narine and the suspect are known to each other. On the date and time mentioned, Nicholas Narine was in the company of others, cleaning a drain on Titus Street Agricola, east of the suspect’s yard, where there is a concrete fence. At the time, the suspect was armed with a handgun and discharged several rounds in Nicholas Narine’s direction,” police said.
The police noted that Narine fell to the ground, while the suspect ran out of the yard and escaped in a southern direction with the firearm.
Narine sustained three gunshots wounds in his right abdomen, one on his back and one to his upper right arm. He was taken to the Diamond hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival, the body was taken to the Memorial Gardens funeral home, and is awaiting a post-mortem examination.
The scene was processed and one 9mm spent shell was found. Several persons were questioned and statements were taken.
The Guyana Police Force (GPF) later issued a wanted bulletin for Rafael in connection with the murder of Narine.
Meanwhile, the brother of the deceased, 22-year-old Keon Narine of Lot 120 Caeser Street, Agricola, EBD, was later arrested for allegedly discharging a loaded firearm.
The police stated that the younger Narine discharged the firearm at the home of 60-year-old Gideon Bollers, who is the father of Rafael, the suspect in Nicholas’ murder.
It was reported that the incident occurred at 08:30hrs, at Lot 120 Brutus Street, Agricola, EBD.
“Preliminary investigation revealed that Narine went to Brutus Street on a motorcycle, reportedly armed with a firearm and stopped in front of the said house and discharged several rounds, which hit the house in several places,” police said.
Keon reportedly left on the motorcycle in a northern direction. Police officers then later went to Keon’s residence where a search was conducted and an AR-15 rifle and one magazine containing five (5) live 5.56 rounds of ammunition were found in a bedroom.
Keon was told of the allegation and the offences committed, cautioned, arrested and escorted to the Ruimveldt Police Station, along with the firearm and ammunition.
Police said that “when questioned further at the station, Narine told detectives that he shot at the house, because the 60-year-old man’s son, Rapheal Bollers, killed his brother, Nicholas Narine. He also said that the firearm belongs to his brother Nicholas Narine.”
Eighteen 5.56mm spent shells were recovered from the scene.
Meanwhile Keon remains in police custody.
During an interview with Kaieteur News, the sister and father of Keon and Nicholas, Shineka and Barry Narine told this publication that Rafael’s cousin and Barry’s sister had an ongoing spat for some three weeks and Nicholas tried to resolve the issue. They said they believe that because of that incident Rafael killed Nicholas.
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Your children are starving, and you giving away their food to an already fat pussycat.
May 19, 2026
Guyana’s 60TH Independence Diamond Jubilee Sports Kaieteur Sports – Guyana’s 60th Independence Diamond Jubilee Sports programme kicked off in the past week with four disciplines and three...May 19, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – The debate over Article 13 of Guyana’s Constitution is not simply about words. It is about political power, who controls the state, and whether ordinary people truly have authority in national decision-making. The defenders of “inclusionary democracy” present it as a...May 17, 2026
By Sir Ronald Sanders (Kaieteur News) – An attempt is now being made by a few member states of the Organization of American States (OAS), using procedural manoeuvres, to prevent a proposed “Declaration on the Rights of Persons and Peoples of African Descent” from proceeding to the OAS...May 19, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – Pres. Ali and the PPP Gov’t celebrates jobs, jobs, jobs. Question One: who’s doing them? Sure, there are more jobs. Question Two: what kind of jobs? Since the people to do high-level, top-quality jobs aren’t here. They keep running away. When only Haiti did worse than...Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: glennlall2000@gmail.com / kaieteurnews@yahoo.com