Latest update August 2nd, 2026 12:45 AM
Apr 21, 2018 News

From top left: Marvin Blackman, Renard Khan, Mark Prince, Nabadinghi Gobin, Edward Skeete and Steve Hercules
The six men whom police busted with several guns at a roadblock at Grove Public Road, East Bank Demerara, made another court appearance yesterday. This time, they were called on to answer to a charge of attempting to commit robbery under-arms.
The men Renard Khan, 31, of Lot 147 Cooper Street, Albouystown; Edward Skeete, called ‘Pretty Boy’, 30, of Lot 309 Independence Boulevard; Marvin Blackman, 27, of South Ruimveldt; Mark Prince, called ‘Fineman’, 39, of Lot 52 La Parfaite Harmonie, West Bank Demerara; Nabadinghi Gobin, called ‘Dangles’, 33, of Lot 181 Charlotte Street, Bourda, and Steve Hercules, 30, of 2-3 Sisters Village, West Bank Demerara, were arrainged before Magistrate Sunil Scarce at the Providence Magistrate’s’ Courts.
They all pleaded not guilty to the new charge and were further remanded to prison until May 10.
According to reports, the six men had attempted to commit an armed robbery on poultry farmer Michael Chang Yuen, 69, a Chinese national, at Supply, East Bank Demerara on April 10.
It was reported that Chang was with his two sons when he heard a noise outside. On checking, he saw four men in his yard. He raised an alarm and the suspects fled in a car, HC 4543. Police intercepted the six men at a roadblock on the Grove Public Road, East Bank Demerara.
They were in possession of two 9mm Glock pistols, with 22 live rounds; a Beretta Pistol with 11 rounds; a. 32 Taurus Pistol with six live rounds; along with a sledgehammer, two pairs of latex gloves, and trade plates.
Kaieteur News understands that the firearm were handed over to the ballistic section of the Guyana Police Force to ascertain whether the firearms were used in any other crimes. Police said that the vehicle the men were in was stolen from its owner during an armed robbery on March 25, last, at Princes Street, Georgetown.
The six men had appeared in court earlier this week and were slapped with four charges each for unlawful possession of illegal firearms and ammunition respectively. Hercules alone pleaded guilty to the charges and was sentenced to serve a term of imprisonment of eight years. He was also ordered to pay a fine of $800,000.
Hercules admitted that on April 10, at Grove, East Bank Demerara, he had a Glock 9mm pistol with serial number FKA 452 and 11 rounds; one black Glock 9MM pistol with serial number filed off and 11 rounds; a Beretta pistol with serial number PY 1467150 and 11 rounds, and a Taurus pistol with serial number filed off and six rounds, in his possession, when he was not the holder of a firearm licence.
All of them, except Hercules, are presently facing a joint charge for allegedly conspiring with Hercules to change the licence plate of motorcar PVV 6204 to HC 4543. Hercules was charged alone with fraudulently imitating identification mark PVV 6204 on a registered motor vehicle. To this charge he pleaded not guilty. They are being represented by Attorney-at-law George Thomas.
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Rising Debt, Rising US Dollar Rate in Oil-rich Guyana!
Aug 02, 2026
2026 ExxonMobil GSL T20 Finals… GAW vs. SFU Kaieteur Sports – The San Francisco Unicorns essentially burned their house down last night, imploding during a low-scoring yet probably the best...Aug 02, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – There was a time when the PPP/C would have greeted an IMF report and certainly its familiar neo-liberal prescriptions with suspicion and caution. These prescriptions embodied fiscal austerity, restraint in public spending, privatization and market liberalization. How times...Aug 02, 2026
By Sir Ronald Sanders (Kaieteur News) – Daniel Ortega has now said openly what his regime has demonstrated for years: the people of Nicaragua are not to be permitted to remove their rulers through elections. During celebrations marking the 47th anniversary of the Sandinista Revolution, Ortega...Jul 30, 2026
Hard Truths by GHK Lall (Kaieteur News) – A tragedy of catastrophic proportions is now Guyana’s to manage. An old passenger ferry boat went to the bottom. According to news reports of Saturday, 73 bodies have been recovered and 76 rescued. Taking the official count of 179 passengers on...Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: glennlall2000@gmail.com / kaieteurnews@yahoo.com