Latest update May 22nd, 2026 12:38 AM
Mar 21, 2017 Court Stories, Features / Columnists, News
– released on $1.5M bail
The owner of Arawak Hotel and Night Club has been accused of soliciting his former employee to kill a man.
Businessman, Ganesh Rajkumar, 65, of 16 D’Urban and Henry Streets, Georgetown, was not required
to plead to the indictable charge which alleged that on August 25, 2016, at D’Urban and Henry Streets, Georgetown, he solicited Mark Sandy to murder Roger Conners.
Rajkumar who was represented by Senior Counsel Neil Boston, was released on $1.5M bail.
During a bail petition Boston told the court that Sandy was employed by his client as a security guard. Boston disclosed that Sandy concocted the allegation against his client as a way of extorting money from him.
According to the Attorney, Sandy was aware of an agreement between his client and a commercial bank, which would see him receiving a hefty sum of money to invest in his business. Boston disclosed that Rajkumar is a reputable businessman and has no antecedents. The Attorney assured the court that his client will attend every court hearing.
However, Police Prosecutor Deniro Jones objected to bail for the accused citing the gravity of the charge and penalty attached to the offence.
Prosecutor Jones informed the court that the accused is the mastermind behind the plot to kill the man. The prosecutor argued that the accused is a flight risk since he has the means to flee the jurisdiction. He also pointed out that there is a likelihood that Rajkumar may interfere with the prosecution’s witnesses.
In response to these objections, Boston highlighted that his client has been very cooperative with police investigation. He said that his client had been promptly reporting to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) Headquarters, Eve Leary, Georgetown, pending investigations into the matter.
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Your children are starving, and you giving away their food to an already fat pussycat.
May 22, 2026
…cricket legend says Guyana was a ‘No-Brainer’ for 519 expansion By Rawle Toney Kaieteur Sports – West Indies fast-bowling legend Courtney Walsh has taken another major step in life after...May 22, 2026
Peeping Tom… (Kaieteur News) – Every day, thousands of people in Guyana stand by the roadside, waiting for public transportation. They have one question on their minds: “How much will it cost me?” And the sad truth is, nobody can give them a straight answer. We have a serious problem...May 17, 2026
By Sir Ronald Sanders (Kaieteur News) – An attempt is now being made by a few member states of the Organization of American States (OAS), using procedural manoeuvres, to prevent a proposed “Declaration on the Rights of Persons and Peoples of African Descent” from proceeding to the OAS...May 22, 2026
Hard Truths by GHK Lall “Nothing can come, nothing can come Nothing can come between us…” (Kaieteur News) – Those words are from British singer Sade’s 1988 song of the same name. It wasn’t her doing the honours in Guyana. Greet, Mr. Jacob Helsberg, U.S. Undersecretary of Economic...Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: glennlall2000@gmail.com / kaieteurnews@yahoo.com