Latest update August 21st, 2026 10:20 AM
Apr 18, 2025 News
Kaieteur News- Twenty-seven-year-old Sean Dos Santos was remanded to prison on Thursday, on a charge of attempt to commit murder.
Dos Santos of Lot 238 Freeman Street East La Penitence Georgetown, appeared before Acting Chief Magistrate Faith McGusty at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Court.
He was not required to plea to the charge which alleges that on March 13, 2025, at Freeman Street, East La Penitence, Georgetown, he with intent to murder, unlawfully and maliciously wounded Seon Archibald.
The prosecution object to bail since the defendant and Archibald are from the same area. They added that there was a misunderstanding in relation to a missing phone. The defendant was armed with a firearm and fired several shots at Archibald and his family and as a result, Archibald was shot in his leg. The prosecution argued that if Dos Santos is released on bail, he is likely to commit the said offence again since he was previously charged with murder in 2017.
The defence was led by Attorney-at-law Kiswana Jefford, who told the court that Dos Santos can easily be found and he is sustaining a not guilty plea since he was not involved in the incident. She indicated that when her client learnt that he was wanted by the police, he willingly turned himself over. Magistrate McGusty after hearing the arguments remanded Dos Santos and the matter was adjourned until May 21, 2025.
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Aug 21, 2026
Kaieteur Sports – Guyana junior athletes proudly represented the Golden Arrowhead at the CAREBACO Junior Badminton Championships, held in Jamaica from August 14–18, 2026. Guyana captured the...Aug 21, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – A report in yesterday’s Kaieteur News that some 35,000 students across the Caribbean absconded from the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) examinations ought to make every education policymaker sit up and take note. The figure is startling, but before we begin...Aug 16, 2026
By Sir Ronald Sanders (Kaieteur News) – Haiti’s plight must not be forgotten because it is no longer a regular feature of international headlines. The suffering has not diminished. Between January and early June 2026, at least 2,310 people were killed, 1,106 were injured and 99 were kidnapped,...Aug 21, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – It is why I like these swashbucklers operating out of Spring, Texas. They know how to keep others on their toes, and to lull their partners in host counties to sleep. There was Big Chief Darren Woods during his 31st July second quarter report breaking open the champagne. ...Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: glennlall2000@gmail.com / kaieteurnews@yahoo.com