Latest update May 22nd, 2026 12:38 AM
Mar 21, 2017 Court Stories, Features / Columnists, News
After relentless work by the Police in B Division, two men – a 65-year-old grandfather and a Berbice
River resident – have so far been arrested and charged in connection with the robbery committed on a female teacher at Budhan Housing Scheme, West Canje, Berbice.
The men, Leroy Albert of 509 Angoy’s Avenue and Seon La Fleur called Seon Bristol, 29, appeared before Magistrate Alex Moore yesterday in the New Amsterdam Magistrate’s Court. The charge against the men states that on February 28, last, while in company of others, and armed with guns and cutlasses, they robbed Esther Reid at her Budhan Housing Scheme home.
According to information, around 01:32 hrs on the day in question, the woman was alone at home when she was attacked.
During the ordeal, four masked men, armed with guns and cutlasses, broke into the house. Three of the four bandits barged into the house and into her bedroom demanding cash and jewellery. Reid was lashed with a cutlass as the thieves made their demands. They put her to kneel down on the bed as a gun was placed to her head, before ransacking the house. They also threatened to sexually assault her.
She was also taken downstairs as the men continued their demands. Her security guard was brutalized and sustained several injuries about his body. The men escaped with two gold rings, a DVR from the security cameras and an E-Networks control box and cash.
After the robbery, a number of persons from the Angoy’s Avenue area were arrested at a house in the area, including some women. Several items believed to be stolen during the ordeal were recovered.
The two men were granted $50,000 bail each and told to return on April 24.
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Your children are starving, and you giving away their food to an already fat pussycat.
May 22, 2026
…cricket legend says Guyana was a ‘No-Brainer’ for 519 expansion By Rawle Toney Kaieteur Sports – West Indies fast-bowling legend Courtney Walsh has taken another major step in life after...May 22, 2026
Peeping Tom… (Kaieteur News) – Every day, thousands of people in Guyana stand by the roadside, waiting for public transportation. They have one question on their minds: “How much will it cost me?” And the sad truth is, nobody can give them a straight answer. We have a serious problem...May 17, 2026
By Sir Ronald Sanders (Kaieteur News) – An attempt is now being made by a few member states of the Organization of American States (OAS), using procedural manoeuvres, to prevent a proposed “Declaration on the Rights of Persons and Peoples of African Descent” from proceeding to the OAS...May 22, 2026
Hard Truths by GHK Lall “Nothing can come, nothing can come Nothing can come between us…” (Kaieteur News) – Those words are from British singer Sade’s 1988 song of the same name. It wasn’t her doing the honours in Guyana. Greet, Mr. Jacob Helsberg, U.S. Undersecretary of Economic...Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: glennlall2000@gmail.com / kaieteurnews@yahoo.com