Latest update May 18th, 2026 12:35 AM
Dec 10, 2008 News
A serial break and enter specialist was yesterday remanded to prison, after he pleaded not guilty to stealing one handbag and other items valuing $48,000, property of Nalima, on July 31.
Acting Chief Magistrate Melissa Robertson also heard that Richard Creigan, 28, of 66 Board Street, on December 1, damaged one quarter glass valued $7000, property of Oslyn Hope.
That same day, it is also alleged that he stole one briefcase, one pen knife and a cell phone, property of Alvin Smith.
Another charge states that Creigan, on December 1, caused damage to one “quarter glass,” property of Alvin Smith; stole one bag, one lunch bag, a lunch bowl, spoon and fork, kitchen towel and other items valuing $128,800.
He was represented by attorney-at-law Adrian Thompson, who, in a bid to secure bail for his client, told the court that the man would attend court if he is given his pre-trial liberty. The lawyer added that in relation to the charge from July, it is a clear description that the police don’t have a case, and so they took so long to bring Creigan to court.
The lawyer told the court that his client is a registered owner of a business which supplies groceries to ships.
However, police prosecutor Sherwin Matthew objected to bail on the grounds that there is likelihood that the defendant may commit similar offences if granted bail. The prosecutor told the court that the accused had similar matters before the court. He added that his finger prints were found on the vehicles.
Matthews said that the accused also took some of the articles mentioned to the police.
One of the virtual complainants, Oslyn Hope, told the court that he was attending a meeting at Christ Church and had parked his vehicle on the eastern side of Christ Church.
He was adamant that he had secured his vehicle before entering the building. He said that after the meeting, he came outside and saw that his vehicle had been broken and entered and the particles were missing.
Hope further told the court that, later in the evening, the police contacted him to identify some of the items. The accused was refused bail, and is to make his next court appearance today.
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.