Latest update April 6th, 2025 11:06 AM
Sep 07, 2017 News
The Guyana Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) yesterday officially lifted the suspension on shuttling operations for Trans Guyana Airways.
The regulator explained that this decision comes after Trans Guyana Airways had successfully completed the five-phase process used by the authority. It includes pre-application phase, an application phase, document evaluation, demonstration and inspection and certification.
GCAA said that on Saturday, a Flight Operations Inspector worked all day aboard Trans Guyana Airways flight conducting demonstration inspections to ensure documented procedures were being observed by the operator.
“Inspections were conducted on flight operations into Olive Creek, Blake Slater and Kamarang aerodromes. The authority continues to work with the other domestic operators to have their shuttle operations approved so that they can resume shuttling operations.”
In addition to approving manuals for shuttling operations, the authority said it is also considering other measures to enhance safety for flight operations within the hinterland region.
The GCAA reiterated that the actions taken were necessary to enhance safety of the travelling public and aviation personnel.
“The Authority will continue its increased surveillance of air operators.”
The GCAA’s suspension of shuttling operations from local plane operators came last month after two deadly, separate crashes involving aircraft belonging to separate companies. Two pilots were killed.
Before that, there were a number of other incidents, which led to injuries.
Late last month, the administration ordered increased checks and monitoring with GCAA halting all shuttle flights.
With some places inaccessible, the shuttling of food, parts and supplies to remote hinterland areas have been increasing in recent years, especially with the rapid development of mining areas.
Apr 06, 2025
-Action concludes today Kaieteur Sports- In a historic occurrence for Guyana’s Basketball fraternity the ‘One Guyana’ 3×3 Quest opened yesterday, Saturday, morning at the Cliff...Peeping Tom… Kaieteur News- There are moments in the history of nations when fate lays before them a choice not of... more
By Sir Ronald Sanders Kaieteur News- Recent media stories have suggested that King Charles III could “invite” the United... more
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]