Latest update April 4th, 2025 6:13 AM
Feb 10, 2016 News
Trembling and wiping away tears, Rosemary Rozario yesterday stood at the Robb and King Streets location where arsonists had torched a building, killing two of her daughters and their father, just over a year ago.
Rozario’s return to the scene of tragedy came just a day after two men were remanded for the murders of Theresa Rozario, 15, Feresa Rozario, 12, and Hilrod Randolph Thomas.
The suspects, Ganga Kishna, 72, and Avishkar Kissoon, 24, were also charged with arson, in connection with the torching of the property in which the victims perished.
Rosario was not in court, since she was unaware that police had arrested anyone for the November 2014 case.
“I did not know that they had been charged, until this (yesterday) morning, when I saw the papers.
“I would have liked to have seen them in court, to see the people (who were allegedly responsible),”she added, while commending the police for their work on the case.
Mrs. Rosario, who has four other children, said that the memory of her daughters was vivid yesterday. She was visibly trembling and had to be assisted to the spot where the building had once stood.
In November 2014, arsonists torched the three-storey building which was occupied by Rosario’s reputed husband and her two daughters.
The girls were trapped in the early morning inferno. Their father, Hilrod Randolph Thomas, jumped through a window but succumbed some days later from second and third degree burns.
Back then, Rosemary Rozario had claimed that a businessman had threatened to torch the building. She said that someone had also made previous attempts to burn it.
The case broke last week after a drug addict confessed to police that he had been offered money to set fire to a disputed Robb and King Streets building in November 2014.
Police were told that a city businessman, who has claimed ownership of the property, had paid the ‘junkie’ to set the building on fire. Police believe that the building was torched to drive out individuals who were also claiming ownership by way of prescriptive rights. Individuals have since rebuilt and a number of small businesses have sprung up at the spot, though the ownership is reportedly still in dispute.
Mrs. Rosario said that she is upset since no one has compensated her for the death of her children.
“Nobody kept in touch with me. One month after the fire, people started to build back and to sell. I am the mother and no one gave me anything.”
Apr 04, 2025
Kaieteur Sports- The Georgetown Regional Conference continued in thrilling fashion on Wednesday at the National Gymnasium hardcourt, with dominant performances from Saints Stanislaus and Government...Peeping Tom… Kaieteur News- Vice President Bharrat Jagdeo has once again proven his talent for making the indefensible... more
By Sir Ronald Sanders Kaieteur News- Recent media stories have suggested that King Charles III could “invite” the United... more
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]