Latest update April 6th, 2025 12:03 AM
Oct 23, 2015 News
– owner estimates over $14M in losses
An early morning fire of so far unknown origin destroyed a Costello Housing Scheme home, leaving a family of four with over $14M in losses.
Through the efforts of neighbours, the fire was contained to the one building and
(Above); The Harri Ram family contemplating their next move after fire destroyed their home hours earlier. (Below) What remains of Harri Ram lot 72 Costello Housing Scheme home.
firefighters eventually extinguished the blaze.
According to some residents, the fire started about 1:30hrs at the Lot 72 Costello Housing Scheme property.
The building was used as a family home as well as the office of ‘Box ah Money Enterprise’ which comprises a car rental, a trucking service and a wash-bay.
The house is owned by businessman Harri Ram, 37, who resided there for the past four years with his wife, Seiora, and children, Shafeil and Simran.
“I went inside and all I hear people shouting Box ah Money house on fire,’ and when I come out I see the whole upstairs in flames, then the fire engine come and start outing it,” one woman said.
Mr. Ram said that no one was at home at the time. He had accompanied his wife and 11-year-old son to a Fish shop and his daughter was at her maternal grandmother’s home when someone called to say that his house was on fire.
“When I come I see the house on fire and thankfully my neighbors help bring out my fridge, nothing else ain’t save.”
While he could not say what caused the fire, Harri Ram said he has no reason to believe that the fire was a willful act.
“Me ain’t got any enemies around here nor anywhere else.”
Apr 05, 2025
…19 teams to vie for top honours Kaieteur Sports- Basketball teams from around the world will be in action this weekend, when the ‘One Guyana’ 3×3 Quest gets underway. Competing for a...Peeping Tom… Kaieteur News- There exists, tucked away on the margin of maps and minds, a country that has perfected... more
By Sir Ronald Sanders Kaieteur News- Recent media stories have suggested that King Charles III could “invite” the United... more
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]