Latest update April 6th, 2025 6:33 AM
Aug 09, 2015 News
By Shenice Blackman
A labourer and a youngster who allegedly went on a stealing spree made their first appearance at the Providence Magistrate’s Court yesterday to answer to a charge of Break and Enter and Larceny.
It is alleged that on August 5, at Lot 476 Section ‘A’ block ‘Y’, Golden Grove Housing Scheme ,East Bank Demerara, the teenager of Lot 859 Kaneville Grove EBD and Yomar Nelson,19, of 16th Avenue Diamond, Housing Scheme EBD, broke into Xanler Waaleisk’s dwelling home and carted off a quantity of items.
The court heard that they stole 1 Video head piece valued $3,500 and two bottles of perfume valued $3,300. Nelson denied the allegations while George pleaded guilty after the charge was read to them by Magistrate Leron Daly.
George was ordered kept at a juvenile holding centre and Nelson was placed on $70,000 bail.
Nelson’s Attorney, during his bail application, asked for his client to be released on reasonable bail. He asserted that Nelson has an unblemished criminal record and that George had asked him (Nelson) to assist him in moving out some stuff from his aunt’s house in Diamond.
He further explained that his client (Nelson) is innocent of the act. Police Prosecutor, Inspector Michael Grant in presenting the prosecution’s case, revealed that on the day in question, around 10:00hrs, the police were on patrol in the Golden Grove area when they received a phone call from a resident of the neighbourhood. As a result of the phone call, they went to the Virtual Complainant’s (VC) home where they saw the two defendants in the house with a quantity of articles packed away in a bag. The police also observed that a western window of the home had been broken.
Inspector Grant also told the court that both George and Nelson were questioned by the police but could not give a good reason for being at Waaleisk’s home.
He also said that while being questioned they admitted to committing the act. They were cautioned about the seriousness of the offence and later charged.
Both defendants would be making their next court appearance on August 20.
Apr 06, 2025
DCB Under 19 Inter-Association 50-Over tournament… Kaieteur Sports- Action in the Demerara Cricket Board (DCB) U19 Inter-Association 50-Over tournament saw Georgetown Cricket Association (GCA)...Peeping Tom… Kaieteur News- There are moments in the history of nations when fate lays before them a choice not of... more
By Sir Ronald Sanders Kaieteur News- Recent media stories have suggested that King Charles III could “invite” the United... more
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]