Latest update April 5th, 2025 5:50 AM
Jul 02, 2014 Sports
The Guyana Amateur Basketball Federation (GABF) has revised its National Women Basketball team to include the previously omitted point guards: Lowquantor Gibson, and Timike Joseph-De Rouche, and veteran forward, Linden’s Nicola Jacobs.
A release from the federation ahead of the July 6 departure of the team to play in the Caribbean Basketball Confederation (CBC) Championships in the British Virgin Islands (BVI) said that the three players were “reinstated into the team” on Monday.
The federation had over the weekend released a 12-member squad minus the three players. “Two of the players re-added were unable to attend training sessions due to work commitments and the lack of proper arrangements for time off to practice,” the release said.
In addition it observed that “issues of fitness and attitude were raised by the coaches concerning the other player,” who the federation did not name. However, those issues seemed to have been ironed out and the “certain picks” for the team were included.
“Following discussions between the coaches and the GABF (and its executive) the decision was taken to reinstate the players who are considered certain picks by the coaches for the National Team once they attend all practice sessions and give 100% individual effort and team commitment,” the document from the federation continued.
The full squad now includes Natasha Alder (Captain), Shakelia Sampson, Sonia Rodney, Tamara Hunter, Shauna Chester, Kristy Roberts, Ginelle Ifill, Latoya Rodney, Philomena George, Kean Andrews, Necosia Mitchell, Natasha Andrews, Lowquantor Gibson, Nicola Jacobs and Timike Joseph-De Rouche.
Apr 05, 2025
…19 teams to vie for top honours Kaieteur Sports- Basketball teams from around the world will be in action this weekend, when the ‘One Guyana’ 3×3 Quest gets underway. Competing for a...Peeping Tom… Kaieteur News- There exists, tucked away on the margin of maps and minds, a country that has perfected... more
By Sir Ronald Sanders Kaieteur News- Recent media stories have suggested that King Charles III could “invite” the United... more
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]