Latest update April 2nd, 2025 8:00 AM
Jun 17, 2014 News
The Ministry of Culture Youth and Sports through its Permanent Secretary, Alfred King, has invited suitable bidders to tender for the execution of several small projects within the ministry.
According to an advertisement published in the Guyana Chronicle on Sunday, the projects include repairs to the tarmac of the National Cultural Centre. The Engineer’s estimate for the repairs is $1.9M.
Back in January the Ministry re-tendered for the installation of new air-conditioning units at the National Cultural Centre. Two bids were submitted.
Patrons have long complained about the malfunctioning of the air conditioning system at the National Cultural Centre. This prompted Minister of Culture, Youth and Sport, Dr. Frank Anthony to announce during last month’s National Drama Festival that his Ministry would be seeking tenders for the project.
Earlier this year, Dr. Frank Anthony had stated that much needed rehabilitation works to the tune of $80 million were expected to begin on the air conditioning, light and sound systems of the Cultural Centre.
The Minister had said that substantial works have not been done on the theatre, particularly on the air conditioning and the current units need to be replaced.
The Minister also pointed to difficulties experienced with the lighting and sound at the theatre which seats approximately 1900 persons and said efforts are being made to upgrade both systems from analogue to digital.
He disclosed that 10 companies were approached for proposals of interest, and two have since sent in proposals. A previous proposal was deemed too expensive for its scope.
Repairs are expected to be done to the bridges at the New Opportunity Corps, Region Two. The engineers cost for that is $1.1m.
The Cliff Anderson Sports Hall building is also slated to be rewired. The engineer’s cost for this is $6M. Further bids went out for the Walter Roth Museum on Main Street for the installation of air condition units. The engineer’s cost is $1.5m.
The Ministry also announced that the fence of the Castellani House on Vlissengen Road will undergo repairs which according to the engineer’s estimate will cost around $5M.
Interested bidders may obtain further information, familiarize and purchase a complete set of the bidding documents upon having a written request and after payment of a non-refundable fee for $3000.
It was noted that all bidders should submit their bids no later than 09:00hrs on July 15, 2014 at the Boardroom of the National Procurement and Tender Administration Board.
All late bids shall be rejected and returned to bidders unopened. It was noted that all bids will be valid during 120 days from the date that the bid was opened.
Further it was stated that all bids shall be opened at the Tender Board in the presence of bidders representatives that wish to attend.
Apr 02, 2025
Kaieteur Sports- Golfer Joseph Szeplaki was crowned winner of the Lusignan Golf Club (LGC)/ STP Investments Inc. Tournament held on Saturday March 30, 2025 at their East Coast Demerara (ECD)-based...Peeping Tom… Kaieteur News- The United States has spoken. Reacting to the conviction of Marine Le Pen in a French... more
By Sir Ronald Sanders Kaieteur News- Recent media stories have suggested that King Charles III could “invite” the United... more
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]