Latest update April 4th, 2025 6:13 AM
Jan 29, 2013 Sports
Just over two months after staging his inaugural boxing promotions, Caribbean Boxing Federation (CABOFE) bantamweight champion, Elton ‘Bully’ Dharry (he requested the ‘Coolie’ be dropped from his sobriquet), will head a list of local and international fighters showing off their skills at the Cliff Anderson Sports Hall (CASH), Sunday February 24 next.
Dharry left for the United States of American, shortly after he had
disposed of Barbadian, Ricardo Blackman, inside of 2 rounds last month, where he engaged several individuals in discussions to make the card a reality. He spoke with Kaieteur Sport, Sunday afternoon last, at the Andrew ‘Sixhead’ Lewis Boxing gym, where he had gone to engage in light gym work. He said that the partnership with Pearl Vodka, a business entity of the USA is still intact but negotiations pertaining to the final compilation of the card are in its embryonic stages. However, he has procured a blueprint of the card.
Dharry will headline the proceedings but at the moment is mulling over three possible opponents from the Dominican Republic, Jamaica or Mexico. ‘The Bully’ also hinted that negotiations with Jamaican Rudolph Hedge are ongoing and Hedge might very well be the eventual choice. “Within a week or two we will have finalized all arrangements,” assured Dharry.
Former bantamweight champion, Dexter ‘The Kid’ Marques is also scheduled to lace up his gloves against either Mexican Jose Riviera, a 2 times New York Golden Gloves champion, and if negotiations fall through, Selwyn Lett should fill the void. Two other top Guyanese fighters, local featherweight, lightweight and WBC CABOFE jnr/welterweight champion, Clive Atwell and local super/middleweight champion, Lennox Alleyne are scheduled to complete the card. Dharry hinted that both fighters might be matched against international opponents.
Meanwhile, another fighter, Mahmood Loul, a Syrian living in New Jersey will also comprise a part of the card. Loul accompanied Dharry to Guyana and was also in the gym yesterday afternoon. The 22 years old pugilist said that he has been engaged in kick boxing from the tender age of three but was also an amateur boxer in his country. He said that fighting is in his blood so when he was asked to appear on the imminent card he immediately took up the challenge. He said that he has fought 18 times as a kick boxer and has suffered only 3 losses. Dharry is still to reveal who his opponent will be but he said that he is searching for someone that will offer stiff competition.
Apr 04, 2025
Kaieteur Sports- The Georgetown Regional Conference continued in thrilling fashion on Wednesday at the National Gymnasium hardcourt, with dominant performances from Saints Stanislaus and Government...Peeping Tom… Kaieteur News- Vice President Bharrat Jagdeo has once again proven his talent for making the indefensible... more
By Sir Ronald Sanders Kaieteur News- Recent media stories have suggested that King Charles III could “invite” the United... more
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]