Latest update April 3rd, 2025 7:45 PM
Nov 29, 2012 News
The police on the East Bank of Demerara are hunting for two men who were caught on camera robbing a supermarket in the Diamond New Scheme.
Reports are that the two gunmen entered the Trust Trading Supermarket around 13:45 hours yesterday. During the ordeal the men forced the supermarket staff and two customers to lie face down on the floor.
However, one customer upon seeing the gunmen ran out of the supermarket.
An employee of the supermarket told this publication that she was attending to a customer when the two men entered, both brandishing handguns. One of the men stood at the door while another ran to the back and ordered another employee and the two customers to the front of the store.
The men then forced one of the cashiers to hand over the cash she had in the register. However, after one of the gunmen looked up into the roof of the supermarket and noticed surveillance cameras he ran out leaving his accomplice.
“After he see the camera he just run away but he was going to the other cashier and he partner start calling fuh he but he just run away.”
After the second gunman realized why his partner exited the store he too ran out and jumped into a waiting yellow car. The police were immediately informed of the robbery and responded promptly.
It was only after the ordeal then the employees realized that one of the men involved in the robbery was in the supermarket earlier in the day. This publication was told that one of the men went into the supermarket to purchase cigarettes.
The owner of the store has since provided the police with surveillance footage of the robbery. Investigations are ongoing.
Apr 03, 2025
Kaieteur Sports- When the competition continued there were action at the Rose Hall Community Centre in East Canje and the Berbice High School Grounds. There were wins for Berbice Educational...Peeping Tom… Kaieteur News- The APNU and the AFC deserve each other. They deserve to be shackled together in a coalition... more
By Sir Ronald Sanders Kaieteur News- Recent media stories have suggested that King Charles III could “invite” the United... more
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]