Latest update April 4th, 2025 6:13 AM
Jun 21, 2012 News
– stolen vehicle yet to be located
Relatives of Rajendra Puran who was killed in Enmore, East Coast Demerara on May 3, 2012 are calling on the Minister of Home Affairs, the Commissioner of Police and other relevant authorities to further investigate suspects who were held for the killing.
“The police held a man from Grove and loose him. When they loose him, the man start tell people in Grove about the crime.
When we tell the police they say that they have to get written statements from people before they hold him again. Why can’t the police carry out the investigation? Just like how others hearing about it, they can too,” one relative lamented.
Rajendra Puran, 40, known as Rajesh, of Section C, Block Y, Diamond, East Bank Demerara, drove a white Toyota Raum, HB 9875, which is yet to be located. He was found in a drain at Logwood, Enmore.
A post mortem on May 4 revealed that he had died of manual strangulation and blunt trauma to the head. Detectives at the crime scene had said that Puran’s death might have resulted from robbery/hijacking. They surmise that he had been killed elsewhere and his body dumped at the Enmore location.
“What the Grove suspect said was that the men were carrying out a robbery, and they hired Rajendra who was a taxi driver because he knew exactly where the robbery victim was living. But when he learnt of their plans he refused and he was kidnapped and killed,” relatives disclosed.
Police officials noted that several persons were arrested and subsequently placed on bail. However, investigations are ongoing. Police are looking for other suspects whom they believe have information to further the case.
The barefooted murder victim’s hands had been tied behind his back, and his feet and mouth had also been bound.
Apr 04, 2025
Kaieteur Sports- The Georgetown Regional Conference continued in thrilling fashion on Wednesday at the National Gymnasium hardcourt, with dominant performances from Saints Stanislaus and Government...Peeping Tom… Kaieteur News- Vice President Bharrat Jagdeo has once again proven his talent for making the indefensible... more
By Sir Ronald Sanders Kaieteur News- Recent media stories have suggested that King Charles III could “invite” the United... more
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]