Latest update April 3rd, 2025 7:31 AM
May 15, 2011 News
A man who was described as a court regular and a nuisance was on Friday jailed for 18 months by Magistrate’s Adela Nagamootoo when he appeared before her at the New Amsterdam Magistrate’s Court and pleaded guilty to the charge of break and enter and larceny.
Vernon Williams, called ‘Buck Boy, or Buck Man’, and ‘Young Buck, 31, of 945 Glasgow Housing Scheme, was accused of breaking into Michelle John’s dwelling house at 36 Stanleytown, New Amsterdam between Sunday May 1, and Monday May 9, last, and stole one black and white floor carpet, one 19” television set, one microwave oven, one pressure cooker, one gas cylinder, one blender, one centre table, one towel, one glass bowl set, one mattress, two pillow cases, one bed sheet, one marble side table, one glass top table, one ironing board, one Black and Decker iron, one coffee maker, a 20-piece dinette set and 24 drinking glasses.
According to prosecutor Corporal Sherlock King, the woman who stays at another residence, had secured her home between the dates mentioned and went out. Upon her return on May 9, she noticed her house broken into and a number of items missing.
A report was made and after diligent investigation Williams was held and questioned. During questioning he admitted to being the thief.
Some of the items were recovered after he told investigators that he had sold some of them to various persons around the town. Those persons were contacted and the items recovered.
The court was also told that Williams was previously jailed on numerous occasions for matters of similar nature and for narcotics possession.
Apr 03, 2025
Kaieteur Sports- When the competition continued there were action at the Rose Hall Community Centre in East Canje and the Berbice High School Grounds. There were wins for Berbice Educational...Peeping Tom… Kaieteur News- The APNU and the AFC deserve each other. They deserve to be shackled together in a coalition... more
By Sir Ronald Sanders Kaieteur News- Recent media stories have suggested that King Charles III could “invite” the United... more
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]