Latest update April 4th, 2025 5:09 PM
Oct 12, 2009 Letters
Dear Editor,
Last week, I got a telephone call from a distraught mother who told me that her child was peremptorily expelled from a leading secondary school on being found with a cell phone.
This is the fifth complaint I have received since May of children being expelled from this school without an inquiry and the right to a defence.
Minister Baksh‘s position is that he cannot interfere with this particular policy of the school. I told the mother that her only recourse is an injunction from the courts. But there are the members of the Rights of the Child Commission.
The Commission is not officially functioning (I doubt we will see any of the Constitutional Commissions in place before the 2011 elections) but these parents should approach them for redress.
Sadly, two PNCR Parliamentarians know about these unwarranted expulsions and have not gone to these courts and the media or raise the issue in Parliament.
Frederick Kissoon
Apr 04, 2025
…19 teams to vie for top honours Kaieteur Sports- Basketball teams from around the world will be in action this weekend, when the ‘One Guyana’ 3×3 Quest gets underway. Competing for a...Peeping Tom… Kaieteur News- Vice President Bharrat Jagdeo has once again proven his talent for making the indefensible... more
By Sir Ronald Sanders Kaieteur News- Recent media stories have suggested that King Charles III could “invite” the United... more
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]