Latest update April 4th, 2025 5:09 PM
Aug 07, 2009 News
A team of Ministry of Education officials travelled to Micobie Village, Region Eight yesterday, to investigate how it is that a dead child received results from the recently completed National Grade Six Assessment.
According to reports from the region, the officials are contending that two candidates might have had the same registration number.
This newspaper had reported on Wednesday that there seemed to be some irregularities with the National Grade Six Assessment as the parents of a child, who died last year, mysteriously got results for the examination, which was written in April.
Kaieteur News was told that Clevorn Simon of the Micobie Primary School, Region Eight, died last November of meningitis.
However, when the results of the National Grade Six Assessment were released in July, the teachers at the school received his results.
According to the Ministry of Education, the 11-year-old boy scored 360 marks.
When contacted last evening, Minister of Education, Shaik Baksh said that by next week the matter would have been fully investigated.
Apr 04, 2025
…19 teams to vie for top honours Kaieteur Sports- Basketball teams from around the world will be in action this weekend, when the ‘One Guyana’ 3×3 Quest gets underway. Competing for a...Peeping Tom… Kaieteur News- Vice President Bharrat Jagdeo has once again proven his talent for making the indefensible... more
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: glennlall2000@gmail.com / kaieteurnews@yahoo.com